Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's been a good fall!


We'll, since it's been so long since I've posted here...I figured I would take a lot of update photos to show you the progress. Let's go back and remember that I put the first drops of water in the new tank on June 14th of 2007...so it's been going now for almost 7 months. I have had some serious ups and downs(scratching the glass all up), some serious bouts with algae, and some serious coral growth.
As a side note, I just turned in my big ol' Xenia at Aquatic Imports for a $40 store credit. It dropped two other babies and the momma was just too big for the tank...that's what payed for the Sun Coral.
Anyway, I can say that the two huge improvements to the tank this fall have been ( besides listening to Kevin's advice and being more patient) installing a better heater (Jager 100watt) and dosing everyday with Julian Sprung's C-Balance...totally awesome.
The big changes:
- good coraline algae growth
- got rid of my big Xenia and my Sps(bleaching out)...soon too be gone is the old leather
- Traded, purchased, or was given several new corals.

These are my new Tubestera or Sun Coral.


These are some Yellow Colonials that were donated to my reef cause.


Here is a nice mixed rock that was also doanted to my reef.


Here are some old favorites that have been doing very well.





Yes, both fish are doing great!

1 comment:

Shelli D. Hawkins said...

Beautiful tank! Glad I could see it yesterday. My favorites are the 3 snails that live under the sand and come out to eat and then disappear again.