Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Floss, Heater, and a Mag Float


I fianlly got a Mag Float tank cleaner yesterday for cleaning the glass. It does a fantastic job!


I decided to go ahead and install the heater because it allows the minimum temp to remain constant instead of taking a dive at night when the air conditioner is on. It looks like my temp range will be 77-79 degrees for this tank. High or low temps are not as big of a deal as big temp swings. Sudden changes in temp or chemistry in a SW tank are fatal to a most reef life.


After I talked with Kevin last night about the tank not clearing up, I put some filter floss in the first chamber and it started clearing up within the hour and was crystal clear this morning when I got up. Here are a few more shots of the setup before the live rock come tomorrow.


This is the actinic light that will be running 4-6 hours a day while I'm curing the rock.

No comments: