Saturday, June 16, 2007

Salt and Sand


I added the salt(about 11.5 cups of reef crystals), and the sg was off the charts high. I pulled out a couple of gallons and replaced with fresh, and everything was perfect (about 1.025sg).


A few hours later, I added the Live Sand. I cut the top of the bag off and submerged the bad and squeezed the sand out like a tube of toothpaste. The water will stay cloudy till tommorrow. Kevin came over, and gave me a reassurance that everything was going normal, and that I could probably order the live rock on Monday if my temps stayed stable....WHOHOO!

1 comment:

Serigrapher said...

You are about one week behind me. I wasn't exactly ready, but when 22 lbs of very nice Indonesia live rock came available to me, I had to go ahead and do it. To expedite the the removal of the cloudiness, I added some filter floss to the fuge. Cleaned it up right away. Because my rock and sand were both completely cured, I am able to start adding the fun stun if I want. So far just a few Turbo Snails and a small Basslet.

BTW, the reason that I wasn't ready was the time factor, I don't have too much of it. I built the entire tank set-up myself and was waiting till work eased up some to get it going.