Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tired!

I got the new tank this morning while I was away in Waupaca on a shoot. When I got home, seperated the hood from the tank, and leak tested the tank right away...NO CRACKS!!! WhoHooo!!! However, the day goes down hill a little. I was pretty busy all day so I had moments of time here and there to work on the tank. It took me all night to plumb the tank for two pumps. Which included drilling a hole in the back wall for the Hydor FLO. I also had to wait for my Vantec Stealth fans to arrive from Newegg.com.


The fans went in super easy, and I rewired them so they are on their on power instead of being wired to the moon light switch. I used an old 12v wall wart for the two fans, routed the wires through the hood. No problem there.


My problem lies in the fact that my hood has a short in one of the lights. The daylight just flickers on a off...NOT HAPPY...more work.

The biggest thing that I am learning about this hobby is the setup is not as easy as I thought...I still haven't even mixed up saltwater yet!

No comments: