Friday, June 8, 2007

Stand - Part 1

The tank was delayed in the shipping until Monday, but thats cool 'cause I have a lot of work to do on the stand before the tank gets here. The stand is made from 2" steel tubing with a .120 wall thickness. This stand will hold about 1500lbs or more, so a 250lb tank should be no problem. I am applying a Vista Patina in Black that I use in my metal picture frames. It is designed so my beverage fridge will fit underneath the tank, and there is a 4" shelf for aquarium supplies between the tank and the fridge. I will make a magnetic metal cover for the shelf with a matching black patina.





1 comment:

Serigrapher said...

Now that is a beefy stand. I like it but it just wouldn't match the furnitue. Wife says it has to "blend" into the room. If that is the only thing that I have to do, I'm all over it. I'm going to set you up on an RSS feed to monitor progress. Good luck!

Butch