Monday, June 18, 2007

Live Rock On The Way!


I ordered 30lbs of live Tonga rock from Dr. Macs this morning. I am so stoked because they just got their order of Tonga rock in yesterday! That means that my rock is fresh out of the ocean, and even though it will be a smelly adventure...it will be super cool to see what colors it has and all the hitchhikers the live inside. Most of the color and life will die off in the cycling process, but some stuff will survive, and that will be pretty sweet.

I also got 5lbs of Figi rock for the fuge in the back. The cured rubble was 4.98 a lb, but the whole Figi was 2.98, so I decided to buy the Figi and brake it up into ruble my self. The water will come out of the main tank into the first chamber in the back. It will flow through some floss and then through the rubble and into the next chamber to be pumped back into the tank. The rubble is full of good bacteria that will help clean the water. It will be here on Wednesday!

I forgot to tell you about the Tonga rock. I personally think it is more interesting to look at then the Figi because it has branch like extensions, and the coraline is gorgeous. Super Stoked! Here is a picture of the tank that Kevin and I liked the most for the aquaculture of the live rock.

No comments: